LayerOnline, a cloud web hosting provider, is pleased to announce the partnership with Let's Encrypt to bring free SSL/TLS certificates to all LayerOnline customers.
Ontario, CA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/11/2016 -- LayerOnline, a cloud web hosting provider, is pleased to announce the partnership with Let's Encrypt to bring free SSL/TLS certificates to all LayerOnline customers. Let's Encrypt is fully integrated in cPanel and customers can issue SSL certificate for their websites within seconds, not days.
Let's Encrypt is a new Open, Community built Certificate Authority that issues SSL certificates. The key principles of the scheme are as follows:
* Free: The service is available to everyone at no additional cost.
* Automatic: The process is simplified by making everything automated. This means that the SSL certificate is installed, setup and configured in just a couple of clicks.
* Secure: It will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices.
* Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
* Open: The Protocol is maintained openly, allowing others to adopt the technology.
* Cooperative: It is based on technology developed by multiple people and corporations in cooperation with each other. As such no one company owns the new protocol.
There are a few downsides to using a free let's encrypt SSL certificate over a premium one, including no EV SSL, no wildcard certificates (at least not yet) and not site seals\warranties. That being said, for most people, and especially for non-e-commerce sites, it will be entirely adequate.
Google started the push for a safer web back in 2014 when they announced the use of SSL as a ranking signal and since then the emphasis on a safer web has intensified, so having a security certificate is fast becoming the norm. SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt enables HTTP/2 protocol which provides SPDY technology to speed up websites.
LayerOnline already offers CloudFlare Global SSL free to its customers. Now LayerOnline customers can choose between CloudFlare Global SSL or Let's Encrypt SSL free for all their websites.
Established in 2008, LayerOnline is a premier web hosting provider located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. LayerOnline has been providing top quality business-class web hosting solutions for websites in over 200 countries. They offer many advanced hosting technologies such as Nginx/Apache hybrid engine, private hosting environment, realtime DDOS protection, Digg effect protection, typo-proof domain registration, HTTP compression and more.
For more information, please visit http://www.layeronline.com
For Media Contact:
City, State, Country: NYC, NY, USA
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Robert Key